Some people say it and many I know think it “it’s too expensive” “I can’t afford it or justify the cost” I get it. When you see the prices, especially if you’ve never looked into personal training before, it can seem expensive. “Why should I pay for that, I can just join a gym?” You could join a gym, you may or may not get results, what I can offer is knowledge and motivation. A gym membership can be great but if you don’t have the confidence or knowledge how to use the equipment, train in an appropriate way to achieve the results you are looking for, chances are you will go a few times and then not bother to go back. The key to great results long term is consistency. A consistent approach to good training and a balance diet. A big part of my job is showing people how to train so they have the confidence to go to a gym and workout in the same way. In two or three months, not only will a client look and feel better they then have the knowledge to continue training in that way. So although it may seem like a big outlay in the beginning it can save you money in the long term as you will be more efficient in your training. Not only that but it can be a huge time saver, when I worked at a gym, so often I would see people going through the motions but not getting the results that they want, if you can apply a more effective training routine you will feel far more motivated to carry on and keep achieving.
That brings me on to the other significant part of my job. Motivation. For many people it is a challenge to make themselves do exercise, plan what they are eating. So to have an appointment in the diary that they can’t miss and other plans for the rest of the week makes people far more likely to stick with it. Having me checking up on you, providing motivation, support and guidance can really help you achieve long term results. Many kick start their training routine with me for a couple of months and then drop down to fewer sessions to maintain that focus and goal setting.
Beyond this there are a number of other areas I would like to address. My prices reflect the personal service that I offer and although may seem high when you break down what you get I hope that you see good value.
Firstly, I train from a private gym in Wash Common, which gives many benefits in itself:
- a comfortable and non-intimidating private environment, with air conditioning, commercial equipment and the ability to train to your own music.
- I offer thorough step by step progress markers, with the first session including taking photos, measurements and fitness tests in order to gauge your progress as the weeks go on, as well as weekly weigh ins.
- I will give you guidance on your diet and use an online food diary system so that I can keep an eye on how you are getting on throughout the week, not having to wait for a whole week to pass. I am also not a food Nazi. The diet I suggest to you will be realistic and attainable long term.
- My focus is on weight training because this is the proven method for not just losing weight, but developing a tighter, defined figure. As a bonus to this, your workouts will emphasise strength gains which in turn makes the whole training experience fun and great for confidence. Standing on a treadmill is dull, pushing your body to the limits with weights is fun and FAR more rewarding.
- We will set goals together and then shape your workouts to reach them. I provide constant motivation during workouts and for planning your other workouts. You will be pushed hard!
- The gym consists of commercial grade gym equipment, you will learn how to approach these machines with confidence if you decide to train elsewhere.
If you train with me 2 or 3 sessions a week for 6-8 weeks. I know that you will get results and you will hopefully have attained a wealth of knowledge that you would be confident to apply on your own or at a gym.
I am a constant point of contact and will motivate you throughout, something which you will not get with a standard gym membership, that really only gives you access to equipment.
I always recommend a free consultation, a chance for you to come round, see my gym and have a chat in more detail about what sort of package you may be interested in. If cost is an issue, you can split the cost between a friend or partner.
I hope that helps to explain what I offer. If you have any questions at all please get in touch!
Vicki is a Personal Trainer, Coach and Swimming Teacher with the aim of helping others achieve their health and fitness goals.